In 1904, when the founder of Thursford Collection, George. T.H. Cushing MBE was born, the visiting fair was an irresistible draw to every village across the land.
George was taken to the fair when he was just eight years old which filled him with sights and sounds he was never able to forget, and ultimately his passion for creating the Thursford Collection.
It was the amazing sounds of the fairground organs that had a particularly magical effect. It’s just the same effect we see on visitors to Thursford today when they see and hear the wonderful sound of George’s amazing collection of fairground organs.